Join us on a relaxing train ride through Alleghany County to the historic village of Frostburg, passing several iconic locations along the way. Explore downtown Frostburg during a 90-minute layover.
- Ticket Select Dinner Option at Check Out
A Romantic Train Ride through the Mountains
This is an excursion for those persons 21 years of age or older. Wine and dine onboard one of Western Maryland Scenic Railroad’s heritage dining cars as you travel west to the mountain city of Frostburg. At the depot, enjoy a romantic afternoon in the mountains or join in on the fun and play WMSR’s version of the Newlywed Game. The dinner includes a four-course meal ranging from Filet Mignon to Honey Glazed Salmon with a complimentary bottle of wine for the two of you, and dessert on the ride back. The Romance on the Rails Train departs from Cumberland to our depot in Frostburg, nestled in the Allegheny Mountains. Dining Class guests enjoy a 4-course meal consisting of an appetizer, salad, choice of entrée, and a signature dessert. A complimentary bottle of wine of your choice from our selection is also included (1 per reservation).
Filet Mignon Dinner
10oz filet cooked to your liking seasoned with black pepper and kosher salt.
B&O Crab Cake Dinner
Prepared w/ jumbo lump crab meat & lump crab meat; filled w/ breadcrumbs, mayo, lemon juice & butter
Virginia Baked Ham Dinner
Baked ham topped in a sauce of garlic cloves, mango, chutney, dry mustard, brown sugar, orange zest & a 1/4 cup of orange juice
Baked Lasagna Dinner
This vegetarian dish is made with layers of fresh vegetables topped with melted cheeses.
Honey Glazed Salmon Dinner
If anything on our website is not clear, please call 301-759-4400.
Attention: If you have a credit that you would like to apply from a previous reservation, do not proceed! You must call to make your new reservation or your credit card with be charged.
- Ticket sales are NON-REFUNDABLE. However, an in-house credit can be held for a future excursion (subject to availability) for up to one year from your original excursion date. For events with meal services, if cancellation is less than one week prior to the departure date, you will lose the meal cost.
- In-house credits CANNOT be used to book any Polar Express excursions.
- All tickets are will-call meaning you pick your tickets up the day of your trip. Upon arrival, please visit the Ticket Office located on the 2nd Floor and provide them with your name. At that time you will receive boarding instructions. We ask that all guests arrive 45-60 minutes prior to departure.
- Coach seating is unassigned.
- No outside alcohol is permitted.
- No smoking or vaping is permitted.
- We only allow service animals onboard our trains.
- Call 301-759-4400 if your transaction did not process or if you did not receive a booking number.
Western Maryland Scenic Railroad makes every effort to maintain its schedule but reserves the right to alter schedules or equipment as operating conditions warrant.