Climb aboard for an evening of comedic improvisation and interactive murder mystery fun! Performances take place on board while guests relax aboard vintage dining cars.
- Coach Class
- Air-Conditioned Coach All Ages
- Open Air Coach All Ages
- Deluxe Coach Class
- Deluxe Coach Ages 21+
- Club Car Class
- Club Car Ages 21+ | Horsd’oeuvres Served
- Additional Activities
- Ride in the Locomotive Must be 16+
- Private Charter Caboose All Ages | 10 Person Capacity
All Aboard the Frostburg Flyer!
Join us for a relaxing 3.5-hour excursion aboard the Frostburg Flyer. This excursion travels through the scenic Alleghany Mountains to the quaint village of Frostburg. Departing from the beautifully restored Cumberland station, this 34-mile round-trip is perfect for families with children. Along the way, your train will navigate the Cumberland “Narrows,” traverse the world-famous Helmstetter’s Curve, pass through the 914-foot Brush Tunnel, and cross several steel trestles. The restored vintage rail cars of the Western Maryland Scenic provide the perfect viewpoint to observe the spectacular views of Alleghany County. The Frostburg Flyer excursion includes a ninety-minute layover, where you’ll have time to visit unique local shops in nearby downtown Frostburg before returning to Cumberland.
Classes of Seating Available Aboard the Frostburg Flyer:
Open Air Coach:
Air-Conditioned Coach: Perfect for the whole family, seating can be arranged so that you face each other in groups of four. All guests in coach seating have access to our onboard snack bar.
Club Car: Step back to 1950 inside “The Overland Trail” club car, where you will experience white-glove service with period dressed servers. Included with your ticket purchase are hors-d’oeuvres of cheese, fruit, crackers, smoked meats, and chocolate covered pretzels. Drinks, including beer, wine, and specialty cocktails, are available for purchase.
*Boarding will begin at 10:00 a.m. for each Frostburg Flyer Excursion (Except Sunday); the train departs at 10:30 a.m. and returns to Cumberland at approximately 1:30 p.m.*
**Sunday boarding will begin at 12:30 p.m.; the train departs at 1:00 p.m. and returns to Cumberland at approximately 4:00 p.m.**
Attention: If you have a credit that you would like to apply from a previous reservation, do not proceed! You must call to make your new reservation or your credit card will be charged.
- Ticket sales are NON-REFUNDABLE. However, an in-house credit can be held for a future excursion (subject to availability) for up to one year from your original excursion date. For events with meal services, if cancellation is less than one week prior to departure date, you will lose the meal cost.
- In-house credits CANNOT be used to book any Polar Express excursions.
- All tickets are will-call meaning you pick your tickets up the day of your trip. Upon arrival, please visit the Ticket Office located on the 2nd Floor and provide them with your name. At that time you will receive boarding instructions. We ask that all guests arrive 45-60 minutes prior to departure.
- Coach seating is unassigned.
- No outside alcohol is permitted.
- No smoking or vaping is permitted.
- We only allow service animals onboard our trains.
- Call 301-759-4400 if your transaction did not process or if you did not receive a booking number.
Western Maryland Scenic Railroad makes every effort to maintain its schedule but reserves the right to alter schedules or equipment as operating conditions warrant.