Join us on our classic train ride through Alleghany County to the village of Frostburg, passing several iconic locations along the way. Explore Frostburg during a 90-minute layover.
- Hands on the Throttle Ages 18+
Operate a Historic Diesel-Electric Locomotive!
Under the supervision of an experienced engineer, you’ll see what it takes to operate a real 122-ton diesel locomotive. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity allows you to put your hand on the throttle as you operate the locomotive during a 60-minute experience. If you are searching for the next level gift for a railfan in your life, look no further than this amazing opportunity.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must wear close-toed shoes, long pants, and a long-sleeve shirt
- Eye and ear protection (provided)
- Gloves, and a hat
- Water bottle
For additional information, or to make a reservation, please call 301-759-4400.
Attention: If you have a credit that you would like to apply from a previous reservation, do not proceed! You must call to make your new reservation or your credit card will be charged.
- Ticket sales are NON-REFUNDABLE. However, an in-house credit can be held for a future excursion (subject to availability) for up to one year from your original excursion date. For events with meal services, if cancellation is less than one week prior to departure date, you will lose the meal cost.
- In-house credits CANNOT be used to book any Polar Express excursions.
- All tickets are will-call meaning you pick your tickets up the day of your trip. Upon arrival, please visit the Ticket Office located on the 2nd Floor and provide them with your name. At that time you will receive boarding instructions. We ask that all guests arrive 45-60 minutes prior to departure.
- Coach seating is unassigned.
- No outside alcohol is permitted.
- No smoking or vaping is permitted.
- We only allow service animals on board our trains.
- Call 301-759-4400 if your transaction did not process or if you did not receive a booking number.
Western Maryland Scenic Railroad makes every effort to maintain its schedule but reserves the right to alter schedules or equipment as operating conditions warrant.