Taste local mountain moonshine created by Tall Pines Distillery on a relaxing scenic train ride, complete with a three-course meal.
Departing from the historic Cumberland station, this 3-hour round-trip and interactive dinner experience departs at 6:30 PM, with boarding beginning 30-minutes prior. Reservations for this limited-seating excursion are required.
- Adult Ages 21+
- Filet Mignon Dinner & Ticket 10oz filet cooked to your liking seasoned with black pepper and kosher salt.
- B&O Crab Cake Dinner & Ticket Prepared w/ jumbo lump crab meat & lump crab meat; filled w/ breadcrumbs, mayo, lemon juice & butter
- Virginia Baked Ham Dinner & Ticket Baked ham topped in a sauce of garlic cloves, mango, chutney, dry mustard, brown sugar, orange zest & a 1/4 cup of orange juice
- Baked Lasagna Dinner & Ticket This vegetarian dish is made with layers of fresh vegetables topped with melted cheeses.
- Honey Glazed Salmon Dinner & Ticket Honey Glazed Salmon combined with fresh vegetables
Climb Aboard For Dinner and Interactive Murder Mystery Fun
I Know What You Did Last St. Patrick’s Day (current day– adapted from Groundhog Day)
Despite the arrest and conviction of actor Patrick O’Shamrock, known to millions of children as “Larry Leprechaun,” the show must go on. The award-winning Larry Leprechaun Show did not end with the scandal, and, since a new actor took over the lead role, ratings have never been higher. Did Patrick O’Shamrock do what they say he did last March 17th? With scores so high, why is everyone connected with the LL Show so nervous? And, why is an FBI agent snooping around the set? Find out on this murder mystery train ride!
Club Car: Step back to 1950 inside “The Overland Trail” club car, where you will experience white-glove service with period dressed servers. Included with your ticket purchase are hors-d’oeuvres of cheese, fruit, crackers, smoked meats, and chocolate covered pretzels. Drinks, including beer, wine, and specialty cocktails, are available for purchase.
Standard Dining Class: Upon boarding the train, enjoy dinner and a signature Chef’s choice dessert, all while riding in a vintage dining car. Menu options are selected when purchasing your tickets, beer and wine are available for purchase.
*Boarding begins at 6:00 p.m. at the historic Cumberland Station; the train will depart at 6:30 p.m., returning to Cumberland at 9:30 p.m. A one-hour layover at Frostburg Depot is included in the experience, but remember that reservations are required.*
PLEASE NOTE: The Murder Mystery Dinner Train is designed for an adult audience and may contain some mild adult humor and innuendo considered not suitable for children.
For additional information, please call 301-759-4400.
Attention: If you have a credit that you would like to apply from a previous reservation, do not proceed! You must call to make your new reservation, or your credit card will be charged.
- Ticket sales are NON-REFUNDABLE. However, an in-house credit can be held for a future excursion (subject to availability) for up to one year from your original excursion date. For events with meal services, if cancellation is less than one week prior to departure date, you will lose the meal cost.
- In-house credits CANNOT be used to book any Polar Express excursions.
- All tickets are will-call meaning you pick your tickets up the day of your trip. Upon arrival, please visit the Ticket Office located on the 2nd Floor and provide them with your name. At that time you will receive boarding instructions. We ask that all guests arrive 45-60 minutes prior to departure.
- Coach seating is unassigned.
- No outside alcohol is permitted.
- No smoking or vaping is permitted.
- We only allow service animals on board our trains.
- Call 301-759-4400 if your transaction did not process or if you did not receive a booking number.
Western Maryland Scenic Railroad makes every effort to maintain its schedule but reserves the right to alter schedules or equipment as operating conditions warrant.